cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
We're slowly building our helpdesk operating procedures and some information needs to be changed as we learn things and update how we record trouble tickets. Some of our old closed tickets need some items changed such as root causes and the user who initially entered the ticket. How do I go about changing these things? Do I need to go into the SQL database and change it there?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is correct that you will not be able to change the user through the Edit button for a ticket. However, this is a ticket action as seen in the screenshot below. You will have to make sure, of course, that you have the 'Alter User' permission assigned to your role under Configuration\User Access & Roles.

Change User

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
Can't believe I missed that also!! Thought I went through that dropdown box thoroughly. Thanks for your help guys!!! Saved me a lot of hassle!!
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is correct that you will not be able to change the user through the Edit button for a ticket. However, this is a ticket action as seen in the screenshot below. You will have to make sure, of course, that you have the 'Alter User' permission assigned to your role under Configuration\User Access & Roles.

Change User
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Mike. I overlooked that. Yes I'm able to change the root cause which is helpful when making my reports but I'm still not able to change the user who input the ticket in the first place. When we first started using the Helpdesk module, the first few tickets that were created, the user concerned was myself and not the person making the trouble call. Seems like you can't change the user concerned through the "edit" form.
miketrike
Engaged Sweeper III
If you have appropriate permissions, you should be able to just click "EDIT"