cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi folks,

First of all, I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone know how to, or if it is possible to trigger an email alert when a new device is scanned by Lansweeper?
sorry if it's obvious and I am just missing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icebreaker
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi lan.Prentice,

i am new to lansweeper, bit this is how i am getting this done:

Lansweeper has 4 Reports that lists new Assets. Just search for "new" in Reports.
You can use these Reports for an email alert (configuration->email alert)

Does this hit your requirements?

Greets from Germany
Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
I think this is going to work.

I changed one of the reports to check every hour (changed getdate()-1 to getdate()-0.0416666).

I then configured the email notification report to send this report every 5 minutes. It wont send anything if the report is empty, so this works well for me.

Thanks again Michael!
Ian
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Thanks for that Michael,

Its a good start. I was really looking to be able to identify any new and potentially unauthorised devices as soon as they are connected.

I will edit one of the reports to check more frequently than daily and see if I can get a trigger to send the email only when something is found.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Ian
Icebreaker
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi lan.Prentice,

i am new to lansweeper, bit this is how i am getting this done:

Lansweeper has 4 Reports that lists new Assets. Just search for "new" in Reports.
You can use these Reports for an email alert (configuration->email alert)

Does this hit your requirements?

Greets from Germany
Michael
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Getting an email notification as soon as a device get's scanned would require real-time monitoring, which is not something we do at this moment. You can, however, set up a scheduled email alert based on an SQL report under Configuration\Email Alerts. You could, for example, use the built-in report 'Device: New devices found in the last 24 hours' or create a custom SQL report for this email alert.
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
So, I am guessing that since this has had 89 views, but no replies, Its probably not possible.

Thanks for checking it out though folks.

Ian