cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myousufhk
Engaged Sweeper
Dear Support,

I'm new to Lansweeper. I created an Asset group and want to create a rule that when a scan runs on a specific network (10.10.1.0/24), it automatically move the assets to the specific group that belong to 10.10.1.0/24.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I presume that you have created a static asset group under Configuration\Asset Groups. Such a group cannot add assets on it's own, as it can only be used to manually select and group assets.

As you want to automatically group assets based on IP address, we would recommend to make use of the IP Location groups on the same page. Here you will be able to fill in the IP address range, in your case 10.10.1.0 - 10.10.1.254. This will automatically give these assets the correct IP Location, whenever they are discovered with an IP within that range.

More information on grouping assets can be found in this knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I presume that you have created a static asset group under Configuration\Asset Groups. Such a group cannot add assets on it's own, as it can only be used to manually select and group assets.

As you want to automatically group assets based on IP address, we would recommend to make use of the IP Location groups on the same page. Here you will be able to fill in the IP address range, in your case 10.10.1.0 - 10.10.1.254. This will automatically give these assets the correct IP Location, whenever they are discovered with an IP within that range.

More information on grouping assets can be found in this knowledge base article.