cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim_barr
Engaged Sweeper II
We use Lansweeoer for most management tasks, but we are also using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage updates and software deployments. SCCM is certainly very comprehensive, but Lansweeper is just really more usable for those day-to-day and quick 'n dirty times.

One tool that comes with SCCM is the "Remote Control Viewer" application. It's a really nice remote control app that initiates an RDP-like session, but provides full interaction from both sides of the connection. It's solid like RDP, but interactive like VNC.

Is there any way to add the ability to use Remote Control Viewer to view a device? It should just be a matter of supplying a path to the application and passing it the device name.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
tomscott2340
Engaged Sweeper III
@Jim.Barr, can you specify exactly the steps you took to accomplish this? We have SCCM and I'm new to Lansweeper so I step by step would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Perform interactive RDP sessions sounds very interesting, thanks for the info.
jim_barr
Engaged Sweeper II
I don't know if it is directly downloadable, since it is a part of System Center Configuration Manager which is a paid program.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Can I ask from where I could download this remote control alternative?

many thanks
jim_barr
Engaged Sweeper II
A Google search revealed that a Custom Action should suffice. I created one with the proper path and parameter, and it works like a charm. Excellent!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now