cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVSDNetTech
Engaged Sweeper
So, I had a tech retire. I attempted to move the tickets he had all over to another tech. In the process, all of the current techs tickets got reassigned to the guy who retired. Now I have tickets that come in for the current tech being given the retired techs name and info. Can I simply change the information of the retired tech to my new tech (i.e. name, email and the rest) and will the system now see all the calls as belonging to the correct tech? If not, what can I do to clear this up and make sure the tickets are under the right name?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The behavior you're reporting is what you would see if you transferred in reverse. That is, if you clicked the Transfer to this agent button next to the retired agent, rather than next to the agent that is meant to receive the tickets. If both accounts are still listed under Configuration\User Access & Roles I'd recommend checking what the result would be of clicking the Transfer to this agent button next to the agent that is meant to receive the tickets (not the retired agent).

We're aware that this system can be confusing, we will be modifying it in a future release to make it more straight forward.

I wouldn't recommend modifying the retired techs account to match current techs information, as this would require database scripts and could have unforeseen effects.
PVSDNetTech
Engaged Sweeper
I have already done that. The problem is when I did that, it changed all of Agent B's tickets to Agent A's name. So now Agent B is essentially working under Agent A's name. What I was asking originally is, if this is the case, where everything is going to show up with the Agent A name, can I just change the profile info for Agent A to match the current Agent B? That way he would at least have things put in his name.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To transfer tickets from your retired agent (agent A) to another agent (agent B), you'll need to click the "Transfer to this agent" button next to agent B. In the resulting pop-up you can then select agent A.