cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chalstead
Engaged Sweeper
Hello!

I've been following along with the development of Chocolatey, a package manager for Windows. A big advantage is they have a large library of packages available. There are some security questions about certain packages, but I'm more interested in the concept at this point.

The basic idea is that after a computer has run the initial powershell script to install chocolatey, an administrative command prompt can type something like "choco install flashplayer" and flash player will be either installed (if it isn't yet), or updated (if it already is installed) to the latest version in the chocolatey repository.

I made a lansweeper package to run the initial Powershell script to install chocolatey. This package succeeded.

From there, I attempted to create a deployment package that consisted of one step:

Command: chocolatey install notepadplusplus

This command does work at the command line, but when deploying through lansweeper, I get:
Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure).

Is there a place that I can get more info on this error message?

Thanks!

-Stead
Eugene, OR, USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
"Incorrect function" generally means that the client machine the command is run on doesn't recognize the command. In your specific case, the likely cause of the problem is that the client machine generating the error doesn't have Chocolatey installed. I recommend double-checking the Chocolatey installation on the machine that is generating the error, as well as trying the command from the command line on the same machine.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Export of your deployment package.
  • Export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. Hit one of the export buttons on the left.
  • Screenshot of the problem command as executed on a client machine that generated a deployment error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper

Sorry to revive an old post. But I also ran into this issue with MDT setting up deployments.

Basically the first powershell installs Chocolately, however that existing cmd process your in can't see Chocolately installed while in that same remote session. Because of this you need to call another session / cmd window to do the installation, however it means you lose the error code reporting as it has to be called as a separate process eg start cmd /c "choco install vlc -y"

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
"Incorrect function" generally means that the client machine the command is run on doesn't recognize the command. In your specific case, the likely cause of the problem is that the client machine generating the error doesn't have Chocolatey installed. I recommend double-checking the Chocolatey installation on the machine that is generating the error, as well as trying the command from the command line on the same machine.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Export of your deployment package.
  • Export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. Hit one of the export buttons on the left.
  • Screenshot of the problem command as executed on a client machine that generated a deployment error.