General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Block remote Lansweeper server from scanning

Hello,We have one domain, two remote sites (linked by vpn) and in each site a Lansweeper server.How can I block a remote Lansweeper server scan local site?I don't want the IT admins (each site has a domain admin) scan each other's assets.Thank you.

max_payne by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Knowledge Base Category Drop Down List

I'm having an issue with adding Knowledgebase articles.I have 8 topics in my Knowledgebase, but the Category drop down selection only shows 6 of the topics. Is this a known issue with a fix on the way or is there a setting I am missing?

New Ticket doesn't send Ticket Created E-mail

When I have a user send a ticket in Via e-mail. They never receive the e-mail stating their ticket was created, and what the ticket number is. I see the ticket verification e-mail from that accounts sent box, but the user never receives it. Is the...

taz by Engaged Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to update asset comments in bulk

Hi Team,We need to know how do we update asset comments in bulk.As performed an activity on some of the server and want to update their comments section with the ticket no and details of action performedKindly assist us.

atul557 by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

printer firmware

Hello,is it possible to scan the firmware/software version of printers with lansweeper and snmp?Andreas

Lindner by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No last Logon user in User info tab

Hi,since the latest update, we do not see any user related infos on the scanned windows computers. The whole tab is missing. We do have "relations", where monitors show up, but no user info. I restarted the active scan for the domain, but this didn´t...

sturmma by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Auto-Closure Failed Messages

We recently added a number of ‘required’ fields to one of our ticket types to assist with ticket triage on ingress. However, any existing tickets of that ticket type are now receiving failure warnings as part of the auto-closing feature after 5 days....

slcadmin by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos