cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-M
Engaged Sweeper
I'm basically looking for the functionality of Ninite but with Lansweeper deployment. I can deploy packages fine but when I want to update an already existing package I cannot just simply update. I would have to create another deployment that uninstalled the previous install and then installs the upgraded package manually. Is there a way to make this easier? Any tips on getting this done?
1 REPLY 1
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
J-M wrote:
I'm basically looking for the functionality of Ninite but with Lansweeper deployment. I can deploy packages fine but when I want to update an already existing package I cannot just simply update. I would have to create another deployment that uninstalled the previous install and then installs the upgraded package manually. Is there a way to make this easier? Any tips on getting this done?

if you are updating .MSI installed program, most MSI packages will update without reinstalling as long the new version is higher and has different product code. Also you can just create registry logic check to see if version is older than new and if not then remove it in 1 step and put in delay and install new package in same deployment. This will work if reboot isn't required between removal and install.