cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akcsie
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same issues as this one but with more complaints.
http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst12677_Upgrade-from-5-3-0-33-to-6-0-0-19.aspx#post45627 .

I'm glad that I backed up my database before I upgrade because it was terrible to see my groups become a large flat list of individual users with permissions all reset to admin+agent. In addition, Lansweeper keeps adding almost all domain users that it scanned to the list with a default admin+agent permission.

I had to shut it down and downgrade immediately concerning that lansweeper may email everyone that there is a new helpdesk assignment.

Just saying it was a terrible experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We had to reset website permissions after updates because the 6.0 permissions system works differently. Everyone that previously logged into the 5.x console is given full access to the 6.0 console. You can reconfigure website access by following the instructions in the second tab of this knowledge base article.

While you can only assign permissions to individual users in 6.0 for now, our next release will reintegrate the ability to do the same for Active Directory groups. Our development team has already created a new installer for this and is testing it internally. The new installer should be made available on our download page within the next few weeks. If you update from 5.3 with the new installer, your existing user role configuration will remain intact.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kcovingt
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for the reply but it appears that table has a lot more objects than just the 2,300 users we are seeing that have access defined. I'm showing computer account objects in that table as well so I'm a little hesitant on purging that table completely.

Anyone from Lansweeper could let me know which table I need to purge to get all my admin+agents out of the system?
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
i think you need to look into htblusers table
kcovingt
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a quick way to purge all the users that showed up from this change with permissions? We are a large company and right now I went from having three AD groups with about 100 folks total defined for our Lansweeper access to now it's showing 2,300+ individual accounts with full Admin+Agent permissions that we definitely do not want to have access.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We had to reset website permissions after updates because the 6.0 permissions system works differently. Everyone that previously logged into the 5.x console is given full access to the 6.0 console. You can reconfigure website access by following the instructions in the second tab of this knowledge base article.

While you can only assign permissions to individual users in 6.0 for now, our next release will reintegrate the ability to do the same for Active Directory groups. Our development team has already created a new installer for this and is testing it internally. The new installer should be made available on our download page within the next few weeks. If you update from 5.3 with the new installer, your existing user role configuration will remain intact.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now