cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notis
Engaged Sweeper
How come disabled AD users are not deleted in the Lansweeper DB ?

I enabled all 3 option under option Server Options > User Cleanup Options.
- Remove users not found in Active Directory from the Lansweeper database
- Remove users disabled in Active Directory from the Lansweeper database
- Refresh Active Directory user details (Department, telephone,... ) in the Lansweeper database.

Still all disabled users are visible in the the lansweeper db and in the reports.
When i look at the last scanned date in tblADObjects the user is not scanned since the user was disabled.

How come the database cleanup does not clean these disabled users ?
The lansweeper service is started and running for weeks. The 24 hour cleanup should be triggered by now.

We use Scanning Methods -> Domain User Scanning where we scan about 24 domains.
This is working without problems.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The "remove disabled users" option isn't triggered by scanning, but when the Lansweeper Server service is started and subsequently every 24 hours. If the disabled users aren't deleted after 24 hours, could you, if you haven't already, update to the latest Lansweeper release (5.3.0.34) and see if the issue persists. We did fix some cleanup bugs in previous releases. Update instructions can be found in this knowledge base article.

If the issue does persist, I would recommend sending a description of the problem to support@lansweeper.com, so we can troubleshoot via email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Twinter
Engaged Sweeper
Unfortunately I need to keep the disabled accounts for historical purposes.

Is there a way to run the Active Directory users group membership report and exclude the disabled AD accounts?

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The "remove disabled users" option isn't triggered by scanning, but when the Lansweeper Server service is started and subsequently every 24 hours. If the disabled users aren't deleted after 24 hours, could you, if you haven't already, update to the latest Lansweeper release (5.3.0.34) and see if the issue persists. We did fix some cleanup bugs in previous releases. Update instructions can be found in this knowledge base article.

If the issue does persist, I would recommend sending a description of the problem to support@lansweeper.com, so we can troubleshoot via email.