cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris1
Engaged Sweeper III
My company is currently going thru a domain migration. All systems were previously detected and scanned under the original domain name. Now several systems are failing to detect due to the domain migration. How do I configure lansweeper to "update" the existing systems to point to the new domain?

For instance, My laptop was recently migrated. In the Lansweeper console, my laptop still shows on the old domain and cannot detect the system.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To ensure that the domain names on the existing computer webpages are updated upon rescanning, you should enable rename detection under Configuration\Server Options. If rename detection is not enabled, new assets will be generated for the computers under the new domain.

You also need to ensure that the new domain is correctly submitted for scanning. A scanning credential with administrative privileges on your computers and read-only access to AD should be submitted and mapped under Configuration\Scanning Credentials. The new domain should be submitted for one or more scanning methods under Configuration\Scanning Methods as well. More info on submitting Windows computers for scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To ensure that the domain names on the existing computer webpages are updated upon rescanning, you should enable rename detection under Configuration\Server Options. If rename detection is not enabled, new assets will be generated for the computers under the new domain.

You also need to ensure that the new domain is correctly submitted for scanning. A scanning credential with administrative privileges on your computers and read-only access to AD should be submitted and mapped under Configuration\Scanning Credentials. The new domain should be submitted for one or more scanning methods under Configuration\Scanning Methods as well. More info on submitting Windows computers for scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.