cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizaoreo
Engaged Sweeper II
We recently added several Dell E310dw printers to the network and LanSweeper consistently picked them up as a switch. I tried adding a few custom OID's for it to identify the printer, but it seems when it hits the values in "1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10898.2" it identifies it as a switch. Doing a quick search of the built in OIDs, I see "1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10895" all appear to be PowerConnect switches so I'm assuming it hits that and assumes that's what it is and stops looking.

Based on SNMPWalk data, I added "1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0" with "Dell Printer E310dw" and "1.3.6.1.4.1.2435.2.4.3.99.3.1.6.1.2.1" with "Printer E310dw", but neither had an affect on what it automatically identified as, still a switch. It does pull pages printed and printer status, but it doesn't get toner or anything, classifies as a swtich, and shows the network interface list like a switch does.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The OID that is actually listed on the asset page of the printer is what you need to map to the correct asset type. If this OID is already mapped to something else, you can change this existing OID entry. (I'm not aware of any of the built-in entries being incorrect though.) Asset mapping instructions can be found in this article. Don't forget to rescan your printers afterwards, by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the checkboxes in front of the printers and hitting the Rescan button on the left.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lizaoreo
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks, that did it.

I added the below and marked it as a printer with the model and it ran with it. I guess it picked the closest thing it found which going backwards is 1.3.6.1.4.1.674. That comes back with several switches.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The OID that is actually listed on the asset page of the printer is what you need to map to the correct asset type. If this OID is already mapped to something else, you can change this existing OID entry. (I'm not aware of any of the built-in entries being incorrect though.) Asset mapping instructions can be found in this article. Don't forget to rescan your printers afterwards, by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the checkboxes in front of the printers and hitting the Rescan button on the left.