cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xPaul
Engaged Sweeper II
I am currenty facing some problems with the "ticket assistant" we are using. People can send e-mails to the ticket assistant and they will be listed in the lansweeper helpdesk system. The assistant usually works fine but since a few days I am having an issue with closing tickets. If users send an e-mail to the ticket assistant a ticket will be created automatically in the helpdesk but if I want to close the ticket the assistant always changes the state to "in progress". I already added the email of the assistant to the "ignore these sender" field but the problem still exist. I can only close tickets when I remove the ticket assistant from cc users.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, within Lansweeper it is not possible to prevent an email address from sending a reply to a ticket.

To prevent the ticket assistant from replying to your tickets,you will either have to configure the assistant or your mailbox (move all email responses from the ticket assistant to closed tickets to a different email folder).
xPaul
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Charles,

Thank you for your fast answer but how can i prevent the assistant from sending an email to the helpdesk when a ticket is closed ?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
So the ticket assistant is sending back automated replies when you close a ticket?

The ignore filters will only be checked during ticket creation. If the ticket assistant is replying to an existing ticket, this will not prevent it from being imported and changed.

The ideal way to prevent this would be to prevent your ticket assistant from sending an email to the helpdesk when a ticket is closed. If that is not an option then maybe you can add a rule you your mailbox to move these emails to a different folder so they do not get imported (rule based on content of the email).