cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudamento
Engaged Sweeper II
I've currently been tasked with exploring the HelpDesk as a replacement for our current software.

I've been messing with the email alert templates, and I've been trying to find a way to send an email based on a state to a specific agent.

An example of what I'm looking to do:

User submits ticket, Agent A picks up this ticket and sets it's state to awaiting Approval, an email is then sent to Agents B & C for Approval.

Is this doable in the current system? If not, are there any plans to add a system similar to this?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There are other customers which have requested similar workflow features. Unfortunately, I can't give you any kind of estimated date or timeframe when this might be implemented. As of right now, it is not in active development.
Rudamento
Engaged Sweeper II
Are there plans to add workflow like this? I'm guessing so based on your "Not Currently".

Ideally I'd like to be able to send the notifications to each agent individually based on custom states.

For now, what you proposed will work. Thanks for that!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The precise workflow you are describing is currently not possible. However, you can get re-create it with the following method:
  1. User send in a ticket and agent 1 picks up the ticket.
  2. Agent 1 replies to the ticket, without a state change.
  3. Agent 1 subscribes the agents which need to give approval.
  4. Agent 1 changes the state to awaiting approval (Actions>Change>Change State>Waiting for approval)
This will trigger the outgoing email template "State Change (Sent to Agent)" which will inform the subscribed agents that the ticket has changed to the state you set it to.