cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkeyes
Engaged Sweeper III

We're running Lansweeper on-prem. We recently turned off the SQL-Server database that was hosting our Lansweeper data, and did a fresh, local install of Lansweeper on the same server that we're running Lansweeper server/IIS.  We did not restore the data from the old server....not least because there was a fair amount of cruft that had accumulated. 

Now we're having Lansweeper crawl the network again as usual. It is finding the workstations but failing to scan with an error:"No Valid Credentials Found. Check encryption file". I am wondering if this is because it is attempting to use an older encryption file that was on the old server?   How can I generate a new one, or fix the issue?

Basically, I just want to treat this as a completely fresh installation. 

1 REPLY 1
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

The encryption keys are generated when the scanning credential is created and stored in the Lansweeper server. When you installed a new server, the keys need to either be copied from the old server, or generated again. You can find more information here: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/troubleshooting-your/password-hash-errors/ta-p/64413

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now