cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamentally
Engaged Sweeper II
I want to give my users the ability to edit their tickets. A lot of people email their tickets in and I have to ask them to fill out fields in the web form. Is it possible to have someone click on their ticket in the link and change the ticket type/add details to the fields.

2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can find all the options to change what users can do to their tickets in Configuration\General Settings.

Unfortunately, users can't edit the initial ticket they have submitted, this includes the possible custom fields. Users can only edit notes posted after the original ticket.

Preferably, you configure the help desk so that the ticket type is correctly set by Lansweeper. You do this with dispatching rules in Configuration\E-mail Settings.
adamentally
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the reply, Charles! If I have the dispatch set a ticket type, how will a user who's emailed in a ticket fill out the form?

The idea here is that a user emails in a ticket, the helpdesk agent needs more details about the specific request made (via fields in the form).

How would you configure the helpdesk if you needed this kind of function? Would you close the ticket and send out a template instructing the user to raise a ticket manually? A template with the names and blanks of the info we need?