cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afoley
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I'm working on setting up the Lansweeper helpdesk for our company. Along with that, I'm trying to setup email dispatching rules so that when users send an email to helpdesk@domian.com the ticket will get auto-assigned to a ticket type and ticket state based on certain parameters found within the subject and/or description of the email. I have a couple of test instances setup for email dispatching. It was working when I had the one rule setup but then when i added another rule with a different setup from the first one it stopped working altogether.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on setting up email dispatching properly?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It's also important to note that dispatching rules are applied in descending order. As such it is possible for multiple dispatching rules to all run against a single email, in order. More detail about this can be found in the History tab of the resulting ticket. If you'd like one dispatching rule to always win, if applicable, move it to the top of the list and enable the "Stop Processing" option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It's also important to note that dispatching rules are applied in descending order. As such it is possible for multiple dispatching rules to all run against a single email, in order. More detail about this can be found in the History tab of the resulting ticket. If you'd like one dispatching rule to always win, if applicable, move it to the top of the list and enable the "Stop Processing" option.
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Amanda,

2 dispatching rules should not interfere normally. It also depends on how the rules are configured and the conditions they are using. I think it would be best to contact support@lansweeper.com and provide details about the dispatching rules you've set up.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now