cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekime89
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

we (IT department) use the helpdesk modul. In the overview we can see the requesters name, SLA, priority and other informations. Is it possible to have a column with users adress or other location informations? This would be very useful for us because we have over 32 locations and this would give us a better overview.

To be clear: i dont want to add these "location" informations manually to each ticket. If i click on the requester information tab, there are all (active directory) informations (for example street, postal code etc.) but couldnt find a way to add these informations as new column in the view page.

many thanks
Tim

5 REPLIES 5
rader
Champion Sweeper III

Try this. In your ticket type "IT Support" or something like that, Alter Custom Fields and add in Location and/or Office Location. Location by default is probably still Textbox. Office Location is probably still Combobox. You'll have to experiment with these options or create one that fits your needs.

Add them to your service ticket as needed. Make them Required by the end user if input manually. Other methods of ticket generation may get past the hard requirements.

Now on your ticketing screen, using the Select Columns button you can add these two columns in under the Custom Field heading. Make sure to press the floppy disk icon to save the layout.

This should work for all users entering tickets in manually. You may have to adjust your automated ticket scripts to add these fields in automatically.

GoodLuck123456
Engaged Sweeper III

If you can add the site to the users display name in Active Directory it will pass through to LS.

So when looking at tickets it shows as Joe Bloggs - London (or however you format it).

edit - maybe someone from LS can confirm that will work with existing users and not just new users?

yes if i open a ticket i see this informations BUT i need these location informations in the overview (see attachment)

Ah, I don't think it's possible to add it as a separate column - my suggestion was just a work around.

Thanks

CezaryKalandyk
Product Team
Product Team

Hello @ekime89 
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently concentrating our efforts on providing smooth integrations between Lansweeper’s cloud services and widely recognized Helpdesk and Service Desk platforms, including ServiceNow among others. Our dedication to maintaining and supporting the Lansweeper Helpdesk application remains strong. Additionally, we are attentive to our customers’ requirements for both our native Helpdesk application and any third-party help desk solutions they currently employ or plan to integrate with Lansweeper.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now