cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senior_B_O_F_H_
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

is it possible to hide asset (groups) from the dropdown menu in the web form of the helpdesk?

I doubt my users will ever report a problem with my SAN, or my VRRP switches, or my bare metal servers, or my virtual servers...

Ideally, they would only be able to choose between (let's say) desktop / laptop / printer...
5 REPLIES 5
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This link contains more info on how to add relations: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/Default.aspx?srch=relation.
senior_B_O_F_H_
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Karel

this looks to be some advanced configuration stuff...
I will look into this when I understand Lansweeper better.

But thanks for the information.
I bookmarked your answer!
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
When making a ticket a user will always have the option to select the logged on computer (this might not always work depending on the hardware or network connection). By relations we mean the user relations, which you can add when editing a user or an asset. You could for example do this:
  • Create a new relation (let's say 'for pupils') on the Configuration -> Relational Mapping page.
  • Then on the Assets page select all desktops the pupils will work on and hit Add Relations on the left menu.
  • Then select the user (in this case the teacher).
  • Then on the Configuration -> General Settings page uncheck Users may select unrelated assets
  • After that you should get a button (Add relations) to set the relations which you want to display, in this case 'for pupils'.
  • The teacher should now be able to select any of these desktops when making a new ticket.

On a side note, if you check Users may select assets in the same location, you could create a location (Assets -> New Location) which houses all desktops and the computer of the teacher. In this case only adding the computer to the teacher using an asset-user relation should accomplish the same task.
senior_B_O_F_H_
Engaged Sweeper
You may correct me if I understand that feature incorrectly (very new to Lansweeper), but...

Related Assets would be computers / laptops the user has logged on to?

If so, we would run into problems, because I work in K12-education.
And it would be teachers who report problems that (also can) occur on desktops pupils work on.

So in my particular case, I would have to wait for the feature release?
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
You can choose to only show related assets to users on the Configuration -> General Settings page. To do this unselect 'Users may select unrelated assets'. We've already added the ability to only show specific types of assets to the wishlist, but we can't give a release date for this feature yet.