cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
Has anyone got any idea how to go about hosting two Web site instances of Lansweeper that connect to two different databases? I have a production and a development Lansweeper environment and would like to host both on one webserver using different ports to do so.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can reinstall the web console while leaving the existing website running. This will cause the installer to ask for a new port. During installation connect to the other SQL server database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thanks for your feedback. In general we don't support installation two instances of Lansweeper service or the Lansweeper website on the same machine. However, good to know that it seems to have worked out in your case. Of course the procedure depends on which website service you are using.
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
There was a bit more to it in order to keep both websites functioning. One has to run on a nonstandard port and setting up a 2nd app pool to keep the worker processes of the two different websites and databases separated was the other biggest factor.

Both run on the same SSL certificate and both are PKI-token login enabled.

thank you for the push in the right direction.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can reinstall the web console while leaving the existing website running. This will cause the installer to ask for a new port. During installation connect to the other SQL server database.
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
Daniel.B wrote:

And this will give me two functioning websites? Do I need to specify a different install directory or something? Does it create it's own app pool? The link provided looks more like recovery of a single website rather than the installation of a second one. sorry for all of the questions, but it seems to not fit what I am trying to do.