cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper

I have a few issues with the deployment-part and the LS-service itself.

I tried to manually add an asset and started a manual scan. Afterwards I wanted to send our default-setup to it (only a few programs: reader, flash, java aso.). But when I send them, they don't show up in the deployment tab. I waited a few minutes, refresh, still nothing.
I just updated my LS-server to 5.3.0.8, but I never tried to manually add assets before so I have no idea if this is a new issue or has already been there before.
Because of this, I somehow got the idea to restart the Lansweeper-service (I also had issues with deployments not showing up on other devices sometimes). So I stopped it, tried to start, waited a few seconds and *bang*:
230823b.JPG

When I press okay I cannot either start or stop or restart the service, all buttons are deactivated in the properties and it just says "Service status: Starting". Over 30 minutes later it finally starts and works as before, but yes AS before the deployments on my device still don't show up and also aren't executed in the background.

I already restarted the server completely, again it took over 30 minutes before the Lansweeper Server Service was finally started.

Is this a known issue? I did not change anything on my server configuration..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
  • Link to this forum topic
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt as present on your Lansweeper server
  • Screenshot of the asset page of a computer which is not visible or to which you can't deploy, showing tabs Summary and Error if present
  • Output of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe after running a test from your Lansweeper server to the same problem machine. Provide the same credential to the tool which Lansweeper uses as well.

If you still experience issues with the Lansweeper service not starting, could you
  • put your Lansweeper service into debug mode
  • after the issue occurred again, send us the new service errorlog.txt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Enabling debug mode should not solve any issues with the service. Debug mode just logs additional error messages. Glad to hear the problem's been solved in any case. If you have a SQL Server installation with the database on another server, a temporary network issue may have been to blame.
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Somehow putting the service into debug mode and back again already solved the problem.
Before I tried to restart the service without debug mode, it took over 30 minutes to stop and another 30 to start again.
I did not restart the server this time (I did that multiple times when it happened the first time) I just added the 1 into the config, restarted the service and it restarted as fast as it used to. Then I changed the value back to 0 and restarted again, no issues anymore.

Is there anything I could have done wrong to make this happen?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
  • Link to this forum topic
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt as present on your Lansweeper server
  • Screenshot of the asset page of a computer which is not visible or to which you can't deploy, showing tabs Summary and Error if present
  • Output of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe after running a test from your Lansweeper server to the same problem machine. Provide the same credential to the tool which Lansweeper uses as well.

If you still experience issues with the Lansweeper service not starting, could you
  • put your Lansweeper service into debug mode
  • after the issue occurred again, send us the new service errorlog.txt