cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcaporali
Engaged Sweeper
Dear forum member,
i have a question for you:
I need to permit to my external domain user ( people that works only with exchange by owa or custom webapp) to change their domain passwor from lansweeper user portal.
I try to set the asset user page to permit to change password but if my user enter in lansweeper he can only see the helpdesk user portal page and can't see his asset page.
Someone can help me?
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
The other issue is if the user is locked out / can't remember password they wouldn't be able to access the Lansweeper Webpage or Active Directory as their account wouldn't be able to authenticate.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
That would still require them to have access to Active Directory to change their password, but that would also give them access to change anyone elses password.

It would be better to look at something like or similar to ADSelfService.
dcaporali
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your suggestion but i have a particular situation:
- Active directory total on Premise
- Not all my "external" users can use owa and so i need that they can change their AD password
My idea is to use lansweeper user portal for helpdesk for permit to user see the kb or ticket and if they want can change their password for respect rules of GDPR
In attach my idea of page
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Can't they change their password in OWA?

https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm57565findlastpost_Can-a-user-reset-their-own-AD-password-from-the-console.aspx#post57806