cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashnburn
Engaged Sweeper
We recently installed/moved a scanserver ( Service Only ) to another server. The problem we have is even though we did a clean uninstall of the software from the old server it still shows up on the main Lansweeper console as Scanserver unavailable. I have tried rebooting the main server , stopping services but it still shows.

Can anyone explain how to remove it ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
The scanserver is probably still mentioned in your database. To remove the scanserver from the database go to Scanning -> Scanning Targets, select the appropriate scanserver tab at the top and click the delete icon next to the scanserver name. You might have to assign assets (linked to the old scanserver) to your current scanserver to do this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mickjf
Engaged Sweeper II
You might have to assign assets (linked to the old scanserver) to your current scanserver to do this.

I've migrated to a new ScanServer, but all clients are still pointing to the old server, which has now been deleted in Lansweeper using the instructions in this thread.

The "Scan Status" for these assets now shows "Scanserver Unavailable" and when I click on Rescan Asset, I get the following error, "Asset is added to the scanning queue. Scanserver is unavailable ..."

Could you provide a link or advice on how to "assign the assets to your current scanserver"? I've not found any documentation that explains what should happen here.

Mick.

EDIT: I suspect the assets will automatically realign themselves upon next scan - and am now starting to see some of these get updated.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
mickjf wrote:
You might have to assign assets (linked to the old scanserver) to your current scanserver to do this.

I've migrated to a new ScanServer, but all clients are still pointing to the old server, which has now been deleted in Lansweeper using the instructions in this thread.

The "Scan Status" for these assets now shows "Scanserver Unavailable" and when I click on Rescan Asset, I get the following error, "Asset is added to the scanning queue. Scanserver is unavailable ..."

Could you provide a link or advice on how to "assign the assets to your current scanserver"? I've not found any documentation that explains what should happen here.

Mick.

EDIT: I suspect the assets will automatically realign themselves upon next scan - and am now starting to see some of these get updated.

Best thing would indeed be to rescan the assets using one of the scanning targets on the new scanserver. Rescanning assets manually will always attempt to use the scanserver which last successfully scanned the asset.
NicholeKaligian
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi Jochen,

The scan server listed on an asset's summary page is the last scan server that succesfully scanned it. We'd recommend looking into the scanning targets of your new scanning server, and making sure it's covering all assets in your network. Once the assets are rescanned by the new scanning server this will also be reflected on the asset's summary page.
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi there,

I have the same problem but in my case the scanserver already was removed from "Scanning Targets". Even though I have 44 assets still linked to the removed scanning Server. How can I resolve that?

Best regards, Jochen
crashnburn
Engaged Sweeper
STAR !!!

It was indeed that simple !!

Many thanks for the quick reply
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
The scanserver is probably still mentioned in your database. To remove the scanserver from the database go to Scanning -> Scanning Targets, select the appropriate scanserver tab at the top and click the delete icon next to the scanserver name. You might have to assign assets (linked to the old scanserver) to your current scanserver to do this.