cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Is it possible to add system power states in Dynamic Group?
In order to know whether the system is at power on or off states, you have to click every single system to view it. Example if there is 50 machines in this group and you have to do it 50 times.
It is best to have a view of 50 machines power states status on the single page.

Thank you
Alan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The ping status of assets is not stored in the database unfortunately, so this is not something you can add to a dynamic group filter. You can quickly ping a large amount of assets though, by going to Assets\<your dynamic group name> and clicking the Ping Assets button in the left-hand pane, which will ping all assets in this view at once.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Bruce,

I had been busy lately and just got a chance to try your instruction.

Bingo, with the package, I could shutdown all machines in the dynamic group.

Thank you again for your guidance.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To shut down multiple computers at once you can use the deployment module:
  • Create a new package under the Deployment tab.
  • Add a step with the command
    Shutdown -s -t xx
    (syntax)
  • Select the package and click Deploy Now.
  • In the resulting pop-up you can select your dynamic group, or alternatively select individual assets or a report output
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Bruce.B,

One question, at the Dynmanic Group, how can I shutdown all system at one go instead of doing it one by one?
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Bruce.B

Thank you for your guidance.

At least with the ping, I would see the system availability at one glance.

Cheers
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The ping status of assets is not stored in the database unfortunately, so this is not something you can add to a dynamic group filter. You can quickly ping a large amount of assets though, by going to Assets\<your dynamic group name> and clicking the Ping Assets button in the left-hand pane, which will ping all assets in this view at once.