cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldockery
Engaged Sweeper II
It appears the HP warranty status on workstations is not working at all.

Lansweeper correctly checks the warranty status for servers, but not for workstations.

I just spent two days manually checking every HP serial number we have so I could fill in a purchase date in a spreadsheet so I could isolate the oldest 1/4 of all of our equipment for yearly refresh.

Lansweeper has the serial number for all of these, but it is not looking them up. It appears to be a 100% failure rate for lookup on the workstations.

Any way to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Warranty scanning issues caused by the changes HP made to its website have been patched. If you are still having issues with HP warranty scanning, please go through the Lansweeper update and other troubleshooting steps in this knowledge base article.

Keep in mind that it is normal for some of the URLs listed in the article to return errors when accessed directly. We only documented the base URLs Lansweeper uses to retrieve warranty information. For each individual asset, another section will be added to the URL.

If you've gone through all troubleshooting steps in the aforementioned article and are still having issues, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the Summary tab of one problem asset's Lansweeper webpage.
  • Excel output of the following built-in report in the Reports tab: "Assets: Warranty scanning errors".

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
tmolzen
Engaged Sweeper
Is there an ETA when this issue will be resolved or can be resolved? We are doing a demo of the product and this is one of the main features we would be purchasing the software for.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently there is a known issue with non enterprise HP products. Lansweeper uses an API and several URLs to retrieve warranty information of HP assets. The API is used for HP Enterprise products like servers, while the additional URLs are for normal HP products like workstations. Unfortunately we discovered that the HP URLs we use for warranty checks are giving errors due to a change HP made to them. When HP makes unannounced changes to the way their warranty URLs or API works this can cause issues. We are working on trying to find a solution for this. Currently the best advice I can give it to make sure you have your update check on. When we have a fix for the issue it will be implemented ASAP.
roberto_nobile
Engaged Sweeper
the same problem.

roberto