cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm testing Lansweeper as a potential discovery tool for our company, and wanted to ask is there a correct import template format, to overwrite the asset 'State' field?

I'm looking at the ability that when we have a list of kit due to be recycled, if I can do a mass import to amend several assets' 'State' field at once?

Cheers,
Rob
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The import assets functionality does currently not yet work for updating assets. This means that if you try and import an assets already present in the database (it check on the domain\assetname combination), Lansweeper will give you an error that the asset already exists.

If you have a unique domain\assetname combination, Lansweeper will create asset pages for all these assets. Once they are scanned by Lansweeper, duplicate assets should be merged by Windows rename detection. More about how Windows rename detection works can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/87/windows-rename-detection.html
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the information Charles.

So here's the example I'm testing...

We receive a selection of new PC's and laptop's through our Goods IN department over a week period, and they are all allocated to a new end user. I then get a weekly report from our Goods IN team on new assets that have come in the last week. Incorporate the information in the correct upload template, and upload into Lansweeper.

My question is...if one of these assets has already been picked up previously by a network discovery scan and it's information is already in the database. Would Lansweeper recognise this and match the records together? Or would it possibly duplicate the record?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
At this moment the import feature is only to import new assets. Not update existing ones. You can however use the Mass Edit Assets option to change multiple asset's states at once as seen in the screenshot below.

mass edit asset