cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hirogen
Engaged Sweeper III
there's a project to move access databases to sql but it would be handy to scan our network for these databases, is this possible ?

Apologies if there's a report on this already had a quick look.

update - Ok i see there's an end of life button and I've clicked on MS access 2010 and MS Office access 2003, only a few machines have popped up, find that a bit strange, anyway can i search for the file type ? or do you have a specific sql report I can upload?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Lansweeper doesn't search for file types with its scans.

You would need to create something like a deployment package that you run on each machine which checks the machine for database file types saving this information into a network share, you could then look through these files to see what access database files exist, then query. It's manual but could be done.

dir /s C:\*.mdb /b > "\\NETWORKSHARE\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

You would need to look for both file extensions though mdb & accdb noting that mdb is used by other applications as well, not just access databases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Lansweeper doesn't search for file types with its scans.

You would need to create something like a deployment package that you run on each machine which checks the machine for database file types saving this information into a network share, you could then look through these files to see what access database files exist, then query. It's manual but could be done.

dir /s C:\*.mdb /b > "\\NETWORKSHARE\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

You would need to look for both file extensions though mdb & accdb noting that mdb is used by other applications as well, not just access databases.
hirogen
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you sir!