General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Workstations being detected as 'Network Devices'

I have about a dozen computers that were picked up by 7.1 a second time, as Network Devices. The workstations were already in the database, and now I have two records for each. I deleted the Network Device asset record for each, and after another s...

gkeys by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy installer packages not working any more

Hello, I used to be able to deploy msi packages out from the Deploy/Installer Packages. Normally, for one off installs, I would find the asset, click deploy package, select the package, click ok. Click Yes to deploy the package, then the screen is...

richv by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

About Memory Changes

Hello Everyone.We received the following information in our Memory Changes Report:AssetName Action DeviceLocator MB MemoryName LastchangedHOSTNAME Added DIMM1 4096 DDR3 02/18/2020 10:33:44HOSTNAME Removed DIMM1 4096 Unknown 02/18/2020 10:33:44...

Fernando by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerShell - Top 10 Memory Hogs

I needed a quick way to get the top 10 Memory Hogs on a PC. This Command will open up Powershell on your computer and show you the top 10 Memory Hogs on the Remote PC. It pauses at the end to keep the Window Open.powershell.exe Invoke-Command -Comput...

File Scanning

I use file scanning to see when a program was last accessed, for example %programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\winword.exeEven though i use the software every day, the result of "lastaccess" is in the past: 05/02/2020The Clients are scanned e...

Horst by Engaged Sweeper
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Widget

Is there a widget already created that is similar to the OS widget, but shows browser types and amount of assets that have each?

Lansweeper scanning windows account

I want to create a service account for scanning desktops that is only used for that purpose. I'd prefer not to use an account that is domain administrator. Is there a way to limit the security permissions of the account? I'd like to have just the spe...