cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hirogen
Engaged Sweeper III
there's a project to move access databases to sql but it would be handy to scan our network for these databases, is this possible ?

Apologies if there's a report on this already had a quick look.

update - Ok i see there's an end of life button and I've clicked on MS access 2010 and MS Office access 2003, only a few machines have popped up, find that a bit strange, anyway can i search for the file type ? or do you have a specific sql report I can upload?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Lansweeper doesn't search for file types with its scans.

You would need to create something like a deployment package that you run on each machine which checks the machine for database file types saving this information into a network share, you could then look through these files to see what access database files exist, then query. It's manual but could be done.

dir /s C:\*.mdb /b > "\\NETWORKSHARE\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

You would need to look for both file extensions though mdb & accdb noting that mdb is used by other applications as well, not just access databases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Lansweeper doesn't search for file types with its scans.

You would need to create something like a deployment package that you run on each machine which checks the machine for database file types saving this information into a network share, you could then look through these files to see what access database files exist, then query. It's manual but could be done.

dir /s C:\*.mdb /b > "\\NETWORKSHARE\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

You would need to look for both file extensions though mdb & accdb noting that mdb is used by other applications as well, not just access databases.
hirogen
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you sir!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now