cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsema_omness
Engaged Sweeper

Good morning/evening

In my compagny, we use the scan to get our hyper V servers informations however we seen that they're some guest VMs name that are duplicated AND with other vm's name which is very confusable.

For exemple we've got one that is duplicate 3 times the first with the good link Guest name and Asset name but with the 2 other one they've got differents assets name.

I've check about the hyper-V configuration and the VMs details and it's clean.

I've also tried to remove the HyperV server and let the lansweeper scheduled scan add it again but it's has been done with the same wrong datas.

Is there a way to resolve that issue ?

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
jsema_omness
Engaged Sweeper

Hi DavidPK

First : thank you for reply.
I've seen and understand what you said however the erver I've spoke of only host one non-windows VMs all the others are Windows and the issues I spoke are only on the windows VMs..

Best regards

DavidPK
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi Jsema,

In general, when an asset is scanned by Lansweeper or LsAgent (or when the asset is created manually), a unique identifier is being created based on the scanned/submitted information. For non-Windows assets this unique identifier is the MAC address of the asset. If the MAC address is not available, the IP address will be used instead. If Lansweeper finds a match for the scanned data, the existing asset is updated with the scanned data. However, if no existing asset is found, or Lansweeper is unable to verify that the scanned information belongs to an existing asset. Lansweeper will instead create a new asset containing the newly scanned data. 

More information on this unique identifier can be found in the following knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-lansweeper-uniquely-identifies-assets/

If the IP address is being used instead of the MAC and it changes this could be a reason why you are seeing duplicates.