cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtruitt2
Engaged Sweeper

New User, New Install.  
IP Range Location - configured with 14 Ranges with Building Names.
(Configure - Asset Groups - Add IP Range Location)
Very few of the Assets with IP Addresses - Is the IP Location Defined - Most are Undefined.
I looked in the forum.  Nothing Current. 
Have I missed setting something?    Curious some are defined, and most are not.
Please advise.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

The IP location should be added to the assets once scanned after the IP location is created.  You can see the asset last scan time in the asset page Summary or Scan Times tabs 

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rom
Champion Sweeper III

Yeah I noticed this too -  I have assets undefined when the IP location is defined -  Like Mr. Nobody said, the ones in my lab are Virtual Machines/Virtual Appliances.  I'm on 11.1.5.1   - and they are assets that have existed for a really long time (pretty much upon setting up LS) .  If I go to edit the asset (i.e. press the edit choice) and just hit save, it corrects them.

LSMember1
Engaged Sweeper

This is the second post i've seen referring to " Configure > asset groups > add IP location" but i do not see this anywhere on my screen (WEB GUI v 11.1.7.1) 

please, as explicitly as possible, where is the configure button you refer to? what does it look like? I have been trying to "Add IP location" for over an hour this morning, the GUI is really a mess...

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

The IP location should be added to the assets once scanned after the IP location is created.  You can see the asset last scan time in the asset page Summary or Scan Times tabs 

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

I believe that is what happened..    All is matching up now..   it took one or two scans...   Thank you.

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Since  LS v11 there is an issue with VMware Guest Undefined Location.

I will look for that when I start looking at my vm's.   Thank you.