cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aplrich
Engaged Sweeper III
there are some additional options when adding an IP Range to scan that aren't mentioned in the documentation, specifically, 'Scan New Windows Only' and 'Save Pinged IP'.

My questions then

What is 'Save Pinged IP' and 'Scan New Windows Only' for? How would it be used?

The documentation says active scanning only scans newly logged on computers. Given that servers are always on, does this mean that after the initial scan, they're unlikely to be scanned again without IP scanning?

I'm just trying to work out the best balance between the 2 scanning methods.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
aplrich wrote:
there are some additional options when adding an IP Range to scan that aren't mentioned in the documentation, specifically, 'Scan New Windows Only' and 'Save Pinged IP'.

My questions then

The PDF documentation is not up-to-date and will be removed from our website. Refer to the knowledge base instead, which does document these settings.

aplrich wrote:
The documentation says active scanning only scans newly logged on computers. Given that servers are always on, does this mean that after the initial scan, they're unlikely to be scanned again without IP scanning?

Recent Lansweeper releases have a Max Time setting under Active Scanning to address this issue. Please review this knowledge base article for more information.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
aplrich wrote:

My questions then

The PDF documentation is not up-to-date and will be removed from our website. Refer to the knowledge base instead, which does document these settings.

aplrich wrote:

Recent Lansweeper releases have a Max Time setting under Active Scanning to address this issue. Please review this knowledge base article for more information.