cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surfcityit
Engaged Sweeper II
We had started using the knowledge base for a couple of employees to organize and create new SOP's related to their job. Everything was working well. They only had access to create/edit knowledge base articles within their category. No changes have been made, but now they are no longer able to create or edit the knowledgebase.

Was I in some sort of trial after upgrading? Does this require an agent license to edit the knowledgebase article? I hope not, hoping there is just some sort of error. I was really wanting to keep all of this stuff in one place, but I guess we could use another way to organize our SOP's.

Thank you,
Jason
3 REPLIES 3
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
In an organisation it is typical to have "power users" in certain areas. They have a lot of knowledge of single system or process, but can't operate as a generic IT helpdesk agent. I would be delighted if there was different pricing for power users taking care of single system/area, for example responding only to tickets regarding ERP processes/functions/what ever might occur inside single application. A full powered agent could route questions about ERP internal issues to ERP responsible persons when needed. I see no point byuing full licenses for limited usage. QlikView BI for example has different user CAL:s: Document CAL is for user who needs to access only one view/document contents and those in a need for several documents have Named User CAL:s. That is effective and opens possibilities to expand BI usage. I see Lansweeper has potential to grow up from IT hardware & software oriented help desk to a generic help desk including business software processes. Limited license could be bait for new usage and users with upgrade path to full license.
surfcityit
Engaged Sweeper II
Oh well, that's how it goes! It's okay, hopefully we can reorder or sort articles soon.

We have already completed our budget requests for our new fiscal year, so planning for the expense isn't a possibility until July 2017. It was worth a shot. Still enjoying the help desk anyway. Thanks for all you are doing with Lansweeper, I really like where it is headed! Good stuff! Thanks also for your quick replies and support. =]
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Adding/editing knowledge base articles is indeed agent only. During the trial period (first 20 days) you had unlimited agents, so you could give these rights to everyone during that time. After the trial period you get one free agent. More can be added using agent licenses.
Instead of making everyone an agent you could make an agent account per team and use that for every user who needs to edit knowledge base articles. It'll be less performant however.