cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
execcr
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, i have multiple switch and they are recognized under switch category in lansweeper without any problem, since 1 week ago.
Now one of the switch, an HP 2530, went away from switch category and is recognized as a linux machine.

What can i do?
i've tried to delete the asset but at the next scan it will reapper as a linux machine.
If i force it to be a switch the lansweeper item complain about the lack of ssh credential (but information should be passed with snmp)
I have not made any change in configuration on the switch. I've tried with a SNMP tester and i can read manually the category with no problem.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recently made some improvements and optimization for scanning switches in Lansweeper version 6.0.0.45.. We would recommend updating your Lansweeper installation first by using this guide. Do note that an SNMP community string will be necessary to connect to your Switch via SNMP. For more information on network device scanning requirements you can check this article.

If the issue persists after your update please send an email directly to support@lansweeper.com with the following information attached:
  • A short explanation of the issue to provide context.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server
  • screenshots of the asset page of the Switch in question show us the summary tab and the errors tab (if it exists).
  • A screenshot of the full output of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\Devicetester.exe, run this utility from your Lansweeper server to the switch in question using the same SNMP credential as used for scanning

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recently made some improvements and optimization for scanning switches in Lansweeper version 6.0.0.45.. We would recommend updating your Lansweeper installation first by using this guide. Do note that an SNMP community string will be necessary to connect to your Switch via SNMP. For more information on network device scanning requirements you can check this article.

If the issue persists after your update please send an email directly to support@lansweeper.com with the following information attached:
  • A short explanation of the issue to provide context.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server
  • screenshots of the asset page of the Switch in question show us the summary tab and the errors tab (if it exists).
  • A screenshot of the full output of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\Devicetester.exe, run this utility from your Lansweeper server to the switch in question using the same SNMP credential as used for scanning
execcr
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
the SNMP protocol is 2c so i don't have to use any credential on that switch.
The error is simply:
Errors found while scanning:

No SSH credentials defined.

Edit credentials

Like lansweeper didn't see SNMP data for that device (and it doesnt recognize it as a switch)
All the other switch i have show up without problem so i didnt think it's a firewall/port problem (lansweeper is installed on a 2012R2 machine)

I try now to put the ssh credential but it's a try...

I've tried with device tester and manually i can see the O.I.D. of the device (so i think its all ok from switch side)
No change in IP address have been made, and i'm pretty sure there is no overlapping

thanks a lot for your help
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
execcr wrote:
Hello,
the SNMP protocol is 2c so i don't have to use any credential on that switch.
The error is simply:
Errors found while scanning:

No SSH credentials defined.

Edit credentials

Like lansweeper didn't see SNMP data for that device (and it doesnt recognize it as a switch)
All the other switch i have show up without problem so i didnt think it's a firewall/port problem (lansweeper is installed on a 2012R2 machine)

I try now to put the ssh credential but it's a try...

I've tried with device tester and manually i can see the O.I.D. of the device (so i think its all ok from switch side)
No change in IP address have been made, and i'm pretty sure there is no overlapping

thanks a lot for your help

Ok, so create a new SNMP scanning credential (NOT a global one), place the correct SNMP v1/2c community, and add that credential to the IP range for the switch, so it gets tried first, and see what happens...
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
Not *EXACTLY* your problem, but some time ago two of my Linux machines would get scanned first with a (incorrect) SNMP user/pass, and would not proceed to the SSH part of the scan.

The error was something like "device was not scanned, but previous SNMP info found" ... or something like that, I did not wrote it down, and it is not on the support page.

Running DeviceTester would get the correct information, so I messed around with the credentials order, and what solved the issue was placing the correct SNMP v3 credentials first on the list, and only them the SSH credentials. In 30+ machines, almost all equal in terms of config, only two had this issue...

So, in a nutshell, please check the credentials for the IP range, check the order, maybe do a new credential group (NOT a global one) with the correct info and place it on top of the list.

Actually, another issue, did you changed IP ranges ? An overlapping IP range could, in theory, do that...