cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeetJ
Engaged Sweeper
Hello All,

We have recently purchased LANSweeper Ultimate license for 4000 assets and are in the phase of initial implementation,following are the queries that need to be looked into specifically :

1) Asset state history is not available in LANSweeper,please let know how it can be implemented, how about creating a separate table and inserting the change
2) History of user relationship with Asset is available in which table of LANSweeper DB
3) Can the columns seen on Asset widget on dashboard be changed ? – Need to make meaningful asset dashboard
4) Need to record printer page count history by scanning printers once everyday and inserting the record in a table
5) Scanning of branch office assets that are not in domain – what are other ways, need to scan them at-least once in a day to keep the data updated

Members,admins please help me on the queries.
Thank you.

Regards,
Jeet J
In love with LANSweeper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the columns in the assets overview. The best way to get a customized view of asset information is creating a custom report.

Relations only have a start date. Even in the database. If you really need an end date you will have to use a comment or you can use the creation date of the next relation as the end date of the previous one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the columns in the assets overview. The best way to get a customized view of asset information is creating a custom report.

Relations only have a start date. Even in the database. If you really need an end date you will have to use a comment or you can use the creation date of the next relation as the end date of the previous one.
JeetJ
Engaged Sweeper
Charles.X wrote:

Ok Thanks Charles,
So it pretty much revolves the custom reports.
For relations I will use the start date of the date of new relation.

Regards,

Jeet J
In love with LANSweeper
JeetJ
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Charles,

Thank you for the quick revert.
I am clear about points 1,4 and 5

PFB the ones I still have doubt :

I'm not sure which widget you are referring to, but you can always use the data report widget to display a report you created or customized yourself.

I am referring to the Assets tab on dashboard,can I change the default columns that are being displayed?

For this, the best way to do it would be to use the built-in report "Assets: Asset to user relations". In order to keep history easier to track, I would use the comment field to enter the date the relation ended.

Doesn't relational mapping get stored in any table with date ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jeet J
In love with LANSweeper

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
  1. Theoretically you can do anything in the database, however, creating extra tables or doing modifications will ensure that you will run into issues in the future. Especially during updates. Additionally, you won't be able to receive support when you are using a modified database.

2. For this, the best way to do it would be to use the built-in report "Assets: Asset to user relations". In order to keep history easier to track, I would use the comment field to enter the date the relation ended.

3. I'm not sure which widget you are referring to, but you can always use the data report widget to display a report you created or customized yourself.

4. The same disclaimer as above goes for this item. An alternative would be to use a scheduled report alert. By creating a report which displays the amount of printed pages of your printers, you can schedule this report to be sent out daily. Which is close to having a history of the printed pages. More information about report alerts can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/113/sending-email-alerts.html

5. To scan other sites there you have the following possibilities:
    - Install a scanning server on each site, the scanning server will scan all the assets locally and send the data to your central database.
    - Use Lspush to scan the assets and send the data to your scanning server using a VPN. More information about LsPush can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/24/how-to-scan-with-LsPush.html