cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdixon
Engaged Sweeper
We need to be able to record non-scanable but valuable assets that are assigned to users and were hoping to be able to do all of it in Lansweeper. I am finding that the non scanable asset tracking is the weakest feature of Lansweeper since it does not include those items in most reports.

Is there a way, even if the assets need to be manually entered into Lansweeper to be able to effectively link these items to users and be able to run a report that will show us what needs to be collected form them should they leave the company?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
In that case you won't be able to use "save pinged IP' obviously, but the other things I mentioned can still be used. Even with manually created assets.
mdixon
Engaged Sweeper
Unfortunately, the items I am trying to track and not network connected. They are just additional non-computer related assets. Sorry for the confusion.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To keep track of non-scannable assets you can use the "Save Pinged IP" option of the IP Range scanning target. This will create an asset page even if the asset can only be pinged.

Should an asset be set to a different state than "Active" it will be excluded from most built-in reports. However you can remove this restriction by modifying the built-in reports or creating a custom report. The restriction can be spotted by the following code:
tblAssetCustom.State = 1

Or

tblState.Statename = 'Active'

The built-in report "Assets: Asset to user relations" should give you an overview of all assets linked to an AD user.
You can also find the report here: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst15153_Assets--Asset-to-user-relations--Built-in.aspx#post51403

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now