cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joey_khoury
Engaged Sweeper II
I have an OSX Macbook Air so I’ve resorted to installing the Lansweeper Trial on a Windows 7 64bit (with SP1) virtual machine (using VM Fusion licensed software).

- I’ve placed this virtual machine onto the network domain (its actually my business workstation).
- I’ve setup another Windows laptop, connected it to the domain (Windows 7 64bit SP1)

Sadly though, they machines are unable to interact.
a) LS is unable to scan the notebook with the scanning credentials
b) LS Push is unable to push the results to the scanning server

Has anyone here have LS running on a Virtual Workstation/Server? If so, can you please provide some guidance in order to help me setup networking as I'm 99.99% sure its a networking issue pertaining to Bridged/NAT/ Adapters.

Networking isn't my strength.

Regards,
Joey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend setting the network adapter settings of your virtual machine to Bridged networking. You need to ensure that your Lansweeper server (running on the virtual machine) is able to resolve and ping the IP of scanned computers from their hostnames and on the other hand scanned computers are able to resolve and ping your Lansweeper server. The issue might be caused by DNS problem as well.

If all ports required for scanning (details can be found here) are open between your Lansweeper server and scanned assets, you should be able to scan them with IP range scanning.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend setting the network adapter settings of your virtual machine to Bridged networking. You need to ensure that your Lansweeper server (running on the virtual machine) is able to resolve and ping the IP of scanned computers from their hostnames and on the other hand scanned computers are able to resolve and ping your Lansweeper server. The issue might be caused by DNS problem as well.

If all ports required for scanning (details can be found here) are open between your Lansweeper server and scanned assets, you should be able to scan them with IP range scanning.