cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstrength
Engaged Sweeper II

Recently, there was a poll for what user would like to see next. Aside from the results of that poll, do you have a roadmap for where Lansweeper wants to go in the future? Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
sjoanette
Engaged Sweeper

First off, I would like to say how much we like the product.

So many of us use the product daily but I find that there are many occasions that I want it to be a little bit better.

The parts that we absolutely love include the ease of which it is to create reports as well as the community shared reporting.

Here are the things that we would like to see.

We are trying to use the product as a way to access documentation we have created custom fields that allow us to put links to support documentation related to the asset. We also include fields that keep track of the system owner, technical representative and the last time the documentation was updated. The problem lies in that occasionally assets get detected as a duplicate and ultimately replaces the original documented asset. We would like to see a way to increase the increase the reliability/durability of the information of the captured device. We believe that Asset Radar is the step in the right direction.

Speaking of Asset Radar we would like to see this expanded in a way that it would be easier to include network segments that are different than the segment that the scanning engine is part of. perhaps we could do some port mirroring on a switch that would forward traffic to Lansweeper to ingest. This would allow the database to become more real-time instead of a point in time snap shot.

Another thing that we would like to see is a feature that would automatically keep track of CVE as they come out. We could then create a dashboard that would show us the vulnerable assets.

Continuing down the vulnerability vein. We would like to see the ability to deploy patches to remote systems through the Lansweeper agent installed on the endpoints.

There are a great number of improvements that we envision for this product but these are the most desired.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Awesome to hear. I can tell you that those things are certainly on the list so they will be covered.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Good question!

I will certainly take the all the results of the poll into account.

We actually have been doing some one-on-one sessions with people that are also here in the Insider community where we have had a roadmap feedback meeting with them.

I am also working on getting a clearer picture on what kind of content you can expect and when here on the insider community. The product roadmap will be a part of that. So I will also be posting a Community roadmap.

Maybe some counter-questions for everyone here. Why do you want to see the roadmap?

• Is there a specific block of functionality you are waiting for?
  • Is there a specific feature you are waiting for?
  • Are there specific enhancements to the current features you are waiting for?
  • Do you want to see the general future vision of Lansweeper or specific features?

I can take that feedback with me when I start preparing a session for the product roadmap.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now