cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm confused as to how this is supposed to work. We have an IP Scan that runs every night at midnight. However, this morning we are noticing that some assets were not updated at midnight. Looking at the scan times, I see this for a sample asset:

Last IP Range Scan: 10/24/2013 00:03:37
Scan Last Triggered: 10/23/2013 09:44:09
services 6 10/23/2013 09:44:28 0.80

I think that Scan Last Triggered was a manual scan, but why did it not rescan at 00:03?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please review the information on page 82 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf
Most scanning methods respect the wait times found under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Item Wait Time.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can deploy a scheduled task/script to trigger LsPush, if you don't want it to be triggered by logon events.
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
You can deploy a scheduled task/script to trigger LsPush, if you don't want it to be triggered by logon events.

Didn't know Scheduled Tasks could be configured via GPO. Got it working. Thanks.
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
Deploy how? Copy the lspush.exe to the machines? Sure. However, configure it to run on a schedule still has to be configured manually. It doesn't help to run on logon or startup - these are servers. We need it to run daily, like the scanning.
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
I have to admit, I'm disappointed it's not more granular than that or have some segregation mechanism. We want the servers to have almost everything rescanned every time, but we don't want the desktops to have the same wait period.

LsPush is probably too difficult to configure for so many servers.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
laurin1 wrote:
We want the servers to have almost everything rescanned every time, but we don't want the desktops to have the same wait period.

This is not possible.

laurin1 wrote:
Lspush is probably too difficult to configure for so many servers.

LsPush is best deployed using a logon script/group policy. It's not something you need to "install" or "configure" on all of your machines.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
laurin1 wrote:
But we have many items that we need scanned every single time they scan, like Services - we need to know ASAP if any of certain services have stopped.

Then you either need to modify this scan item's wait time or scan using Rescan/LsPush.

laurin1 wrote:
The problem with using lspush.exe is configuration of so many servers and failure point.

Could you clarify what you mean by this. LsPush is generally deployed using a logon script/group policy and is immune to firewall and access denied errors.
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
The problem with using lspush.exe is configuration of so many servers and failure point.
laurin1
Engaged Sweeper III
But we have many items that we need scanned every single time they scan, like Services - we need to know ASAP if any of certain services have stopped.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can set the wait times to 0 or scan using Rescan or LsPush, which ignore wait times. We advise against setting all wait times to 0, as this will generate a lot of unnecessary network traffic. It would be better to only modify the wait times of select scan items. It's not useful to rescan OS information every single day for instance, as this data is unlikely to change.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now