cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
I have a batch of Lenovo MIIX 510-12ISK Windows 10 tablets and when they are scanned by Lansweeper, the System Chassis page has No information found.

I have found out that there are some new Chassis types in the SMBIOS 3.0 Specification as shown in the link below

http://thinkdeploy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/new-enclosure-types-for-convertible.html

Do they need to be added into the Lansweeper database?

EDIT: Found the full list.

Value Meaning
1 Other
2 Unknown
3 Desktop
4 Low Profile Desktop
5 Pizza Box
6 Mini Tower
7 Tower
8 Portable
9 Laptop
10 Notebook
11 Hand Held
12 Docking Station
13 All in One
14 Sub Notebook
15 Space-saving
16 Lunch Box
17 Main Server Chassis
18 Expansion Chassis
19 SubChassis
20 Bus Expansion Chassis
21 Peripheral Chassis
22 RAID Chassis
23 Rack Mount Chassis
24 Sealed-case PC
25 Multi-system chassis
26 Compact PCI
27 Advanced TCA
28 Blade
29 Blade Enclosure
30 Tablet
31 Convertible
32 Detachable
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email as well. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below. A colleague of the user in this forum topic indicated that they manually added the new chassis types to the TsysChassisTypes database table for now.
We've created a case with our developers to have the new chassis types added to the TsysChassisTypes database table. It appears Microsoft itself is a bit behind on its documentation, as the article on the WMI class we get chassis information from doesn't list the new chassis types yet. We're not sure our developers will be able to include the additional types in our very next Lansweeper release, as a new beta release is already planned for this week. We'll add them as quickly as possible though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email as well. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below. A colleague of the user in this forum topic indicated that they manually added the new chassis types to the TsysChassisTypes database table for now.
We've created a case with our developers to have the new chassis types added to the TsysChassisTypes database table. It appears Microsoft itself is a bit behind on its documentation, as the article on the WMI class we get chassis information from doesn't list the new chassis types yet. We're not sure our developers will be able to include the additional types in our very next Lansweeper release, as a new beta release is already planned for this week. We'll add them as quickly as possible though.