cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I need to know if I can scan linux machines that are working on an active directory enviroment
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to enable snmp (optionally) for linux but SSH + SSH credentials for the ip range is a requirement.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to enable snmp (optionally) for linux but SSH + SSH credentials for the ip range is a requirement.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, SNMP needs to be enabled on the Linux box. We don't scan any of our *nix machines, so I don't know what other properties will be scanned, but yes, I would expect to see some additional details.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
If I search by IP I see 2 items. One is the first picture I posted, the other IS a nas device, as you can see on the attached file.
I dont understand if I can see more details on this linux machine.If I enabled snmp on this machine, I will look more details?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
if what I said above is true, then I think you can omit "lin386vm" from the WMI scanning by adding it to "scanning setup|computer exclusions" in lsmanage.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
okay, I could be wrong here, so perhaps the LS admin can confirm or deny this...
I think what you are seeing is the attempted scan of this device as if it were a Windows machine because it is "part" of active directory. I think this is a WMI scan, which fails because it is a Linux machine. You will only be able to perform an SNMP scan on this machine, and the results will be somewhere under "device overview" on that shot you posted. Try searching for the IP in the search bar to see if you get multiple results, one will be what you posted and possibly one with be the results from your IP range scanning.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I found it. On last post You can see lin386vm.jpg. This is how I see my linux server on lansweeper
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
when you click 'post reply', you get an option to "attach files to this post?". Check that box, click 'post', then browse to your pic.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I dont know how can i send you a screenshot. I try to paste it on post, but I havent paste option

googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Can you post a screenshot of your "Device Overview" area? And perhaps a shot of your ip range scanning configuration?