cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
We have noticed this since running Lanswweper 4. The screen refresh is very slow. When I open a program on a remote users PC, it takes an extra 20 seconds before I can see it. The remote user sees it immediately. Any suggestions on tweeking LS to make it more responsive?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm the same issue, according to what I've checked it was a limitation of ultravnc.

According to some tests for a similar tool I've made, depending of how old a vnc viewer is (beacause it does not support recent vnc protocols) the performance can be improved, so tweaking the ini could improve the refresh performance. I don't have time to dedicate for my tool dough...

There is also a post regarding x86 and x64 architectures that can cause such behavior, but in my case I see poor refresh rate between windows xp x86 computers. http://forum.ultravnc.info/viewtopic.php?p=80683

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm the same issue, according to what I've checked it was a limitation of ultravnc.

According to some tests for a similar tool I've made, depending of how old a vnc viewer is (beacause it does not support recent vnc protocols) the performance can be improved, so tweaking the ini could improve the refresh performance. I don't have time to dedicate for my tool dough...

There is also a post regarding x86 and x64 architectures that can cause such behavior, but in my case I see poor refresh rate between windows xp x86 computers. http://forum.ultravnc.info/viewtopic.php?p=80683
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest inspecting the firewall log for dropped packets
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
I suggest inspecting the firewall log for dropped packets

Windows Firewall is disabled. What Firewall do you mean?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now