cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raeth001
Engaged Sweeper
Just started working with the Location and asset icon feature. I upload a floorplan of our building, a stand png format. Began placing desktop icons for each user. Saved the map. Came back later to add more systems. Opened the location, clicked on edit. Went back to the area to place more icons, and all the pre-existing icons had shifted down. After a little investigation here is what I noticed. When I open the location to edit, a description box opens, which shifts the background map down, just a little. If I save it after placing an icon or two, then the two icons I placed are in the correct position while all the other pre-existing icons have shifted down. The only way I have found to remedy this is to move all pre-existing icons back to the correct spot, place all new icons where you want them, and then save.

If you go back in to edit all icons will shift down. Is there a way to lock the background map in place so it does not get shifted down during edit or disable the description box increasing in size, which in turn pushes the map down? I have tried to not put in a description and putting in a description both had no impact.

Has anyone ran into this before and if so how did you address it? I have a few hundred desktops I want to place, but at this current time I would have to add them all at the same time before I save it, and then never edit it again or they all will move.

thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A fix for this issue will be included in Lansweeper version 6.0.110, which is our very next update. I recommend keeping an eye on our change log for this release: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

For those of you who would like to receive this release sooner, I recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com and requesting that you be added to our list of beta testers. Beta testers receive updates prior to them being released to the general public. The .110 beta isn't out yet, but you'll be notified via email when it does become available.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rarmstrong
Engaged Sweeper II
Any update on when this will be updated? It's getting to be a pain to update all of our objects when we change the maps.

Thanks so much!
remigijus_parad
Engaged Sweeper
Great news!:)
Thank You for fast support so far loving this program and can recommend to get it! Makes IT job so much easier:)
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A fix for this issue will be included in Lansweeper version 6.0.110, which is our very next update. I recommend keeping an eye on our change log for this release: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

For those of you who would like to receive this release sooner, I recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com and requesting that you be added to our list of beta testers. Beta testers receive updates prior to them being released to the general public. The .110 beta isn't out yet, but you'll be notified via email when it does become available.
remigijus_parad
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

This bug still exist...any date when it will be fixed? Not funny to put back 300 assets back to location after one asset added and save.
mseelend
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same problem too.
When I click on edit each asset pin on map moves 16px down.
dconway
Engaged Sweeper II
I have also had this issue.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
There is indeed a bug in the current version which might cause previously placed assets to be shifted down when editing a location. This will be fixed in a future update. This bug doesn't seem to occur when editing a location on an asset's page though.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now