cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Preve
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi all,

I was wondering something.
If an agent creates a ticket (user don't mail de helpdek mailbox but directly to an agent), how can we send a ticket-creation-notification to that agent?
If a user mails directly to the helpdesk mailbox, he gets this ticket-creation-notification, but when an agent does that, he doesn't get this.
Normally it's send to all agents, but we don't like this option.
When working in a ticket and sending updates, then all goes well. Agent and user get their mails.
Anybody that could point me to the good direction?

Kind regards
Stephane
1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received this question via email and corresponded about it in the support ticket. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the last reply we sent via email below.
Unfortunately, no changes are planned to outgoing email templates for our next release. We've marked your ticket as a feature/change request, but cannot guarantee at this point that this change will be implemented. Upon further investigation, the current behavior does appear to be intended.
  • The Ticket Creation (Sent To User) template is not sent to an agent if the agent sends in a ticket that is assigned to one of his teams.
  • The Ticket Creation (Sent To User) template is sent to an agent if the agent sends in a ticket that is not assigned to one of his teams.

The assumption seems to be that, in the first situation where the ticket goes to the agent's team, it would make more sense to use the Ticket Creation (Sent To Team Agents) template. As a workaround to be able to have a notification sent to just the one agent instead of the entire team, we were going to suggest assigning the ticket to the agent through a dispatching rule and then using the Agent Assigned (Sent To Agent) template. However, outgoing email templates cannot currently be combined with dispatching rules. The latter is something development was already planning on changing in Lansweeper 6.1, though there is no word yet on when Lansweeper 6.1 will become available. (This will not be in the coming months.)