cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallows
Engaged Sweeper
I tried searching for this but didn't come up with anything. I have a small number of assets that are Windows servers. They were not being scanned properly (IP returned as unknown device) but after manually setting the devices to "Windows," putting in the Hostname and Domain they would scan properly when manually rescanned.

But when the scheduled scans run each day these servers seem to be skipped and I have no idea why. Some of them show errors, but some of them nothing, just a last seen date of the previous day. There are other servers within the same domain and IP ranges that are scanned successfully.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you manually edit an asset some fields can get locked (displayed by the lock icon checkbox when you edit the asset). However, this will just prevent Lansweeper from overwriting this data. If you are doing an IP Range scan, Lansweeper will 100% check those IP addresses. However, to know why they are not being scanned, it's best to use the tester I mentioned earlier. If that doesn't provide any helpful information, It's best to contact our support team so they can provide you with debug options that will give back additional information.
dallows
Engaged Sweeper
It's more like Lansweeper is not attempting to scan these devices at all automatically, or per the schedule, as none of the "last seen, last tried" etc., dates are updated. I have the system scan every morning so even if something fails, it should have at least been attempted today.

Is there some flag once a device has been manually modified to not scan it?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Best thing you can do to troubleshoot it would be to do a test with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client.

This will give you some more feedback so you can check if it's closed ports or DNS issues which might be causing the issue.