cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitlans
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,

i have experienced issue when either domain scan, computer path, or ip range scheduled scan is successfully completed, the windows computer system and hardware information not updated.

the windows device logged user is change and upgraded some component, but asset info like upgraded RAM, logged user, disk space, or upgraded OS is not updated after scheduled scan completed.

the asset info is successfully updated after manually "Rescan Asset" on corresponding asset menu.

any help? i have tried to figuring out the problem for several months

5 REPLIES 5
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Not all computer data is always rescanned to avoid unnecessary network traffic during scanning. Each item scanned runs on its own schedule, which is called an "item interval" within Lansweeper Classic. 

As you observed, the "Rescan Asset" action, does not respect item intervals, and will always update all (enabled) scan items, regardless of what their schedules are. 

For more information on how to tweak your item intervals, we suggest going through this KB article: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/manage-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned/...

Hi,

i still didn't understand how interval time refresh value works,

even manually Rescan asset, there some scan item not updated after rescan asset result (attached sample result after rescan)

for example, certificate scan item wait time is 6 days, and its not updated after rescan

is that mean there is no change relate to certificate on corresponding machine? otherwise, if any change with certificate (new install or deleted) when rescan asset attempt, will that scan item updated ?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

For a detailed analysis of why your certificates are not being scanned, we would recommend raising a support case: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

Hi,

i mean, the certificate item is example for me to better understand the refresh time for item scan interval

although, the different scan time update status probably depends on each machine we can't handle behavior each machine.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

One thing I can think of, although this is a bit of a gamble without looking at your logs, is that this could be related to our performance scanning feature. If this feature is used extensively, this could potentially cause a delay in scanning and explain the issue you're facing. 

Performance scanning is a feature which can demand a lot of resources from your Lansweeper servers, and as such, we recommend only enabling performance scanning for critical assets such as application servers, database servers, domain controllers, etc. to avoid any performance issues in your Lansweeper installation.

As a test, we would recommend temporarily disabling all your performance scanning targets under Scanning\Performance Scanning in the web console. Once all performance targets are disabled, make sure also to restart the Lansweeper scanning service under Windows services. Trigger your scanning targets or wait for their scanning schedule to kick in, and monitor if the issue persists with your scan items not being updated.