cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
Looking for most efficient way of copying assets from Dynamic group to Static group for better management and reporting. Doing it manually would take allot of time. Does anyone have quicker way of doing this.. Even with little SQL code If its possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Importing group memberships with the CSV import feature isn't possible. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. You can populate groups with a database script based on the tblAssetGroups/tblAssetGroupLink database tables, but we do not currently provide support for writing custom scripts.

It's still not clear to me what exactly you mean by "better management" or why you need to migrate the assets from dynamic to static groups. If you need to query dynamic groups within a report, it's recommended that you either:
  • Manually add the group criteria to your report. If you have a group for machines with software X installed for instance, manually add this software criterion to your report.
  • If your database is running under SQL Server, create a view for your group, which you can link to other tables. This will only work in SQL Server, as SQL Compact doesn't support views.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Importing group memberships with the CSV import feature isn't possible. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. You can populate groups with a database script based on the tblAssetGroups/tblAssetGroupLink database tables, but we do not currently provide support for writing custom scripts.

It's still not clear to me what exactly you mean by "better management" or why you need to migrate the assets from dynamic to static groups. If you need to query dynamic groups within a report, it's recommended that you either:
  • Manually add the group criteria to your report. If you have a group for machines with software X installed for instance, manually add this software criterion to your report.
  • If your database is running under SQL Server, create a view for your group, which you can link to other tables. This will only work in SQL Server, as SQL Compact doesn't support views.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
I just have 100+ assets pulled from dynamic group based on certain software and system criteria that are in database and want to migrate them to static group so I can do better management. Maybe instead that we can just have IMPORT feature for adding assets to groups. clicking thru 100+ list is very task consuming. I can export the assets into excel from dynamic but I can't import them into groups.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Why do you require this exactly? Dynamic group memberships aren't stored in the database, so cannot be copied with a script. If you are using SQL Server you can create views for the groups that you can reference in reports, if this is what you are trying to do.