cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuc
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

Our Lenovo docking stations seem not be scanned in lansweeper. Can you please tell me how to add this asset?
Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Please have a look at the device scanning requirements in this knowledge base article, as well as the device scanning instructions in this article. If an asset cannot be scanned, you can manually add it to the database by hitting the New Asset button in the Assets menu or by importing a CSV file.

Docking stations specifically *may* automatically be detected in relation to the Windows computer they're connected to, i.e. they *may* show up in the Config\Hardware\System Chassis section of the Windows computer's Lansweeper webpage. Chassis information is pulled from WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation), so whether or not the docking station is detected in relation to the computer depends on whether or not it's recognized by WMI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tuc
Engaged Sweeper II
thank you very much for your help Susan!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Please have a look at the device scanning requirements in this knowledge base article, as well as the device scanning instructions in this article. If an asset cannot be scanned, you can manually add it to the database by hitting the New Asset button in the Assets menu or by importing a CSV file.

Docking stations specifically *may* automatically be detected in relation to the Windows computer they're connected to, i.e. they *may* show up in the Config\Hardware\System Chassis section of the Windows computer's Lansweeper webpage. Chassis information is pulled from WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation), so whether or not the docking station is detected in relation to the computer depends on whether or not it's recognized by WMI.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now