cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fic5020
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

I want to move my Lansweeper Server to another Installation. SQL ist Compact Edition
I do this according to
http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/17/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.html

But one Question: When or Where I should execute the SQL Scripts.
On the Old or New One.

I Started one the new One the Webserver and executed the Scripts

I got the following error messsage
- A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = tsysASServers,Constraint name = PK_tsysASServers ]- Command completed successfully

Now I Have two Scaning Server with there own Settings.

What I to wrong. My Version ist 5.2.0.12

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you accidentally added another scanning server, you can:
- Delete the server whose settings you don't need. There should be a delete button in the tab header of the server under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.
- If the remaining server is incorrectly named within Lansweeper (i.e. if its Lansweeper name does not match its actual name), run the script below under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts to update the server name. Replace OldName with the incorrect name and NewName with the actual NetBIOS server name.
update tsysasservers set servername='NewName' where servername = 'OldName'
GO
update tblassets set scanserver='NewName' where scanserver= 'OldName'
GO

We recommend performing a database backup before trying these steps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you accidentally added another scanning server, you can:
- Delete the server whose settings you don't need. There should be a delete button in the tab header of the server under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.
- If the remaining server is incorrectly named within Lansweeper (i.e. if its Lansweeper name does not match its actual name), run the script below under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts to update the server name. Replace OldName with the incorrect name and NewName with the actual NetBIOS server name.
update tsysasservers set servername='NewName' where servername = 'OldName'
GO
update tblassets set scanserver='NewName' where scanserver= 'OldName'
GO

We recommend performing a database backup before trying these steps.