cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
is
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
Is there an option to put assets on a map (graphic layer) that I supply, to see the asset location?

TIA
is
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes. This feature has been added to Lansweeper in version 5.1.
It is shown in the overview of the new features at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9562ROXTjOs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Still hoping that LS gains the ability to place users on a map like a seating chart. I don't want a map with 100's of computers on it but if I could have users placed on it it solves the problem of locating them in the various buildings as well as making it easy to drill down to the equipment they are using. Users are basically assets I would think. we have a legacy seating chart app that I'm highly motivated to get rid of but don't have a suitable replacement. One thing I have done to experiment using LS in stead is create a custom field named Seat Location and have even toyed with a custom asset type called Seat Location that can be used in relationships but a seating chart is the missing piece for me.

Why we don't just store seat numbers as part of the Office data in a uses AD account I have no idea. That would make this so much easier.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Technut27 wrote:
Still hoping that LS gains the ability to place users on a map like a seating chart. I don't want a map with 100's of computers on it but if I could have users placed on it it solves the problem of locating them in the various buildings as well as making it easy to drill down to the equipment they are using. Users are basically assets I would think. we have a legacy seating chart app that I'm highly motivated to get rid of but don't have a suitable replacement. One thing I have done to experiment using LS in stead is create a custom field named Seat Location and have even toyed with a custom asset type called Seat Location that can be used in relationships but a seating chart is the missing piece for me.

Why we don't just store seat numbers as part of the Office data in a uses AD account I have no idea. That would make this so much easier.

The ability to add users to maps is on our wish list, but no release date unfortunately. Users are not considered assets, just from a database structure point of view. Development has stated in the past that, if we were to redesign the database, users would be assets as well, with a specific asset type. This does make sense, but was not implemented in the original database design. Changing this now would be quite cumbersome. If we do add the ability to place users on maps, we likely won't change the database structure.
mydurian
Engaged Sweeper II
Would like to add on to this question.

Is it possible to just show this one particular asset only (say this asset shares with 100 other assets on the same floor layout), and not the remaining 99 assets.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mydurian wrote:
Would like to add on to this question.

Is it possible to just show this one particular asset only (say this asset shares with 100 other assets on the same floor layout), and not the remaining 99 assets.

We're not sure we understand your question. Location maps only show assets you manually added. Unless you add the 99 other assets to the map, they will not be visible there.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes. This feature has been added to Lansweeper in version 5.1.
It is shown in the overview of the new features at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9562ROXTjOs.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now